T-Mobile today announced the availability of the Samsung Katalyst, a stylish slider for the growing line-up of phones that support T-Mobile HotSpot @Home service.
With built-in support for T-Mobile HotSpot @Home, the Samsung Katalyst provides customers with wireless coverage when placing calls over a home Wi-Fi network and at nearly 8,500 T-Mobile HotSpot locations nationwide. When users leave home or a T-Mobile HotSpot, their calls are passed onto T-Mobile's wireless network, and vice versa. With the purchase of a HotSpot @Home add-on plan, customers can have unlimited, nationwide calling over Wi-Fi.
The Katalyst features a slider design with a metallic silver finish and is equipped with Wi-Fi connectivity, Bluetooth wireless technology and a 1.3-megapixel camera. The Katalyst also features advanced messaging capabilities including instant messaging, which enables instant chat and supports AOL, ICQ, Yahoo! and Windows Live Messenger. Key features of the Katalyst include:
- Wi-Fi-enabled phone; supports T-Mobile HotSpot @Home
- T-Mobile myFaves enabled
- Bluetooth wireless technology
- Music player
- Expandable memory (microSD memory card)
- Speaker-independent voice recognition
- Instant messaging (AOL, ICQ, Yahoo! and Windows Live Messenger)
- Compatible with T-Mobile Address Book
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE, Quad-Band: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
- Dimensions: 3.97" x 1.98" x 0.65"
- Weight: 4.1 ounces (with standard battery)
- Main Display: 176 x 220 px, TFT, 262K-Colors
Source : mobiledia